The Accessibility Centre offers support and practical help for students with dyslexia or other specific learning difficulties; physical, mental health or mobility difficulties; deafness or visual impairment. The Centre offers the following services and specialised study equipment:
- Study Support Services
- Information and advice on equipment
- Specialised Study Equipment
- Study Advice (e.g. on aspects of spelling and grammar)
- Co-ordinating alternative exam arrangements
- A quiet place to work or rest
Many students use the Centre on a daily basis because it is a quiet, safe environment in which to relax and/or study. There are six computers, a photocopier and printers (including a colour printer). These facilities are only available to students with a disability or specific learning difficulty.